Friday 31 October 2014

Character: Environment sketches and influence map

To suit my mutation theme, I decided to go with the sci-fi genre for my environment. I want to use the abandoned lab my character was created in as the main environment in the game, obviously differing on each level.


I started doodling out some parts of what I want to include in the first scene/level, primarily the broken test tube. Depending on the type of art style I end up going with I'm still deciding whether or not to make the lab retro/cartoon-y or a really detailed, high tech sci-fi lab.


I also wanted to get the feel of the type of colour palette I want to work with for my environments, the green and blue combination is a favourite of mine.

I've also collected a few different sci-fi lab designs to help influence my environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment